Contact webmaster: Teensbodybuilding@newmusicexclusive.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

How and when should I do cardio?

Cardio is a simple form to exercise. Many teenagers just decide to do cardio to get their blood pumping before their work out, or they just want to stay lean and run fast. What most teenagers don't understand is that, cardio is never necessary. Cardio helps keep you healthy and might make you more cardiovascular.

When I'm bulking (gaining weight), should I do cardio?

Cardio isn't necessary, but if you do cardio, make sure you still get in your amount of calories to grow. Because if you don't get your amount of calories in, you won't grow.

When I'm cutting (losing weight), should I do cardio?

Here again, cardio is not necessary, but if you think it will help you then go for it. Most people do cardio so they can eat more throughout the day. You should always keep this in mind, cardio doesn't mean anything, cardio does not burn fat, cardio burns your calories. Nutrition always beats cardio, before doing cardio, make sure you have a good diet.

What should my heart rate be when doing cardio?

You're heart rate should be between 50% and 80% of your maximal heart rate when doing cardio. You're probably asking yourself, how do I calculate my maximal heart rate? You substract your age by the 220.

Example: I am 20 years old. 220 - 20 = 200. My maximal heart rate is 200.

What is the best cardiovascular exercise for me?

The answer is, there's no better exercise for you, the best one is the one you will do constantly. If you think you're going to hit the treadmill everyday, then go for it. If you think you will be playing soccer 45 minutes a day, every second day, then go for that.

How can I make my cardio session more fun?

When doing cardio, many people bring books with them or listen to music, or even text on their phone. Personally, I like reading about muscle & fitness, so I print out e-books that I have saved on my computer.